Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One Flower Wednesday

Here in Australia it's Wednesday, & so in keeping with the "one flower wednesday" idea of Karens (see the link on the side), I determined to have my very first attempt of paper piecing!! I figured if I started out at breakfast time, I might have a better chance of getting 1 whole flower made??? So, armed with the instructions for paper piecing & the templates (thanks Karen), off I went................. by late morning, after various breaks due to attending to this & that, I'm very proud to show off my very first flower, in the start of the "flower garden party"........... Taa Daa!!!!!
I can I'm going to be having fun using up lots of my scrappy bits to make up a wonderful flower garden!
Hugs to all,
Sharm

14 comments:

Betsy said...

your flowers are beautiful

Karen said...

Sharm your first flower is BEAUTIFUL! Using up scrappy bits will make a perfect garden.

quilting Jeannet said...

Your first flower is groing very good, it wil be more in a few weeks....

greetings, jeannet

Valentina said...

Oh Sharmayne, how Lovely!
May this be the first blossom of a bountiful garden!
So happy to be sharing this garden party with you,
:)

Sharm said...

Thankyou so much everyone for your lovely comments. They inspire me to keep going.
Hugs, Sharm

Carrie P. said...

Very good job. I will do my post later tonight which will probably be tomorrow for you.

Jeanette said...

Very nice. Love the fabrics you've used. Hugs, Jeanette

Sheila said...

Great job on the first flower,love your fabrics, you will enjoy making them .
Sheila

Daniƫlle said...

Love your first ever flower!! How many have you finished uptill today hihi? they are so great to make! Happy sewing from a fellow gardener from Holland! Daniƫlle

Sandra Henderson said...

Lovely flower! and I see chickens on your blog! So happy to have found you through our One Flower Wednesday group! WELCOME! See you again soon! :)

Jan said...

I love that flower!!! The center is wonderful!!! I will be watching for more from you. :)

Melissa ;-) said...

It looks wonderful for a first attempt (but really, it's easy isn't it?). Thanks for stopping by and visiting my "garden", too!

Joan said...

Well done Sharmayne. Your flower looks really healthy :) Beautiful and bright

Cathi said...

Lovely flower -- so bright and cheerful!