Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Welcoming December

Can you believe today is the start of December?  How quickly this year has flown, even with all the life obstacles our family has and still is tackling this year!  Unfortunately "life" has been keeping me so busy and in such a state of constant upheaval there has been much less time than I would have liked to be creating -

Even so, I have managed to make my first knitted  pullovers  (one for myself and  one for Pete), made various crocheted and sewn items for our home and for gifts , and thanks to OPAM, I've even got a lovely record/reminder of just how many things I have managed to complete..  a total so far this year of 44 items - 27 crocheted, 6 knitted, and 11 sewn  ....... Mind you,  I also seem to have a number of unfinished items too lol    We managed a lovely downpour of rain here earlier, so thought I'd share some of the rain with you... 

If you've visited my blog before, then you'll also know that lots of gardening, preserving, soap making, and various other activities go on around our little homestead throughout the year, just like most other homes  (smile) ... But,


Today however, being the 1st of December, it's time to put up the Christmas Tree ...... its a family tradition I began when Pete and I first became a couple .... hopefully when Pete is back next weekend (he's currently working away during the week), he will get the outside Christmas lights up :)



I'm way behind on Christmas cards this year, so perhaps not so many will get sent out in time.......

I have a few more items yet to complete the decorating, including the lovely items from Christmas in July - so I'll pop those on next post.....
What I have done though is to look towards next year, and with the current specials on Craftsy Classes,

I've enrolled in 3 of the online classes - this is the first time I've enrolled in any craft online courses, so I sure hope they will be good........


they certainly sound great and I'm looking forward to getting into them over Christmas/ New Year when I have a bit of time off work.

I'm off now to work on a bit of stitching .....Before I go, I'll show you the little dishcloth and towel toppers (crocheting the  tops of face washers  work really well as little kitchen towels)  DD ordered a couple for her new little place .....     What are you doing today
 
the brown and orange one is going into another gift.
?
 

 

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Hi Sharm. You have been busy this year. I love your fence made out of old wheels. Enjoy doing your classes. They should be fun.

Helen said...

The decorations look gorgeous as do all the lovely projects you managed are just lovely. I will look forward to following your journey with the classes should be lots of fun for you Sharmayne enjoy them :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful decorating and i love the wheels also.Hope this goes through i have been trying for ages to post a comment and it wouldnt work,here goes.xx

Anonymous said...

hooray it worked.xx