Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ripple Magic!



The Rainbow Ripple is done!  Yes, I can hardly believe it myself either, but I really, really wanted to get it finished to be able to give to my daughter before Winter here finished........ And oh boy, we sure have been having a colder Winter this year with snow falling in lots of places (unfortunately none at our house).  The pressure really started when DD said she would catch the train up from Melbourne to meet me at Bendigo........ So I've managed to meet the deadline...... Just!!!

I have to say I really, really love working with yarn!  I just find it so easy to pick up and put down - well, more so with crochet than knitting perhaps - although having said that, English paper piecing can be like that too ....... But that's more for the summer months when the hands are looking for cool cottons to work with!

It's still Winter here, so I need to keep moving on more of my knitted projects that have been put to one side while the ripple took priority ........... I'm just really, really wanting to start something new and fun......hmmmmmm Poor DH, wonder if he will get his sweater this winter! 
If you want a few more details about this ripple .....
I used 17 shades for almost 3 full repeats (2 rows for each colour / double row : ending up with 47 double rows of colours)  I cast on 213 chains for the foundation row.  This blanket is pictured on a Queen Size Bed with finished measurements  of approx. 155 cm (60in) wide x  140cm (55in) deep.  I haven't done a border until I find out if DD would like one around it.  The yarn is mostly acrylic in 8ply (DK) and I used a 4.5mm hook .

9 comments:

Helen said...

Wow congratulations sharmayne it looks fantastic what a gorgeous achievement .!!!!!

Jeanette said...

Love it. Such a gorgeous rug. The colours are fabulous. Hugs,xx

Chookyblue...... said...

just gorgeous.........

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Stunning

Jo said...

Lovely job. Crochet blankets are the best

Debbie said...

Beautiful finish! The colors are great with the ripple pattern.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharmayne.... your cover is soooo beautiful and full of such bright colors. You sure did fast work with this and such a beautiful job!

I got you note and have another ready to send out... just want to get some nicer stamps at the post office.

Lin said...

Absolutely beautiful - so glad you got it finished in time. xx

Sheryl said...

This is gorgeous, love the bright happy colours.