Saturday, March 18, 2017

March FNSI


Yesterday was the montly online Friday Night Sew In with Wendy from Sugarlane Designs.  It's a great way of putting aside that time to work on a project you might be doing!  I started earlier in the day since it was a rostered day off from work for me and managed to get the last bit of stitching done on this months block for Down the Rabbit Hole ......... with that up to date, I was able to get back to working on the February Block for Val Lairds BOM "Handpicked Wardrobe".  I'm really enjoying this little block of the month (which happens to be Free by the way). 


I'm mostly using scraps from my stash for this ..... I say mostly, since I am planning to add a few "little extras" - like the lovley felt I purchased last month from the quilting bus when it was visiting the local market at Yarrawonga!  It's a "Cottage Garden" make which came in a bundle of 5 squares called "noon". 





The thread I've used for the bag handle is one I had on hand from another "special" project a few years ago - I thought it was just perfect for the handbag.  I've yet to find a little "clasp" to add to the bag ...... I'll be keeping an eye out for "just the right thing" {smile}


And here it is next to the January Block. Block 3 is already out so I need to head over and download the pattern and instructions so I can make a start on it.  And yes, of course I have a plan for this little mini quilt ......It's going to getting put on a wall in the house up in Maryborough, Qld.  All these projects for our new house ....... lets pray we sell here soon so we can get busy in the new house and new chapter ........  In the meantime, it's back to the rest of the weekend.  Have a blessed time whatever you are doing
Hugs Sharm xo

10 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

It is nice to be able to make an early start on your sewing. So much more seems to be achieved at the beginning of the day rather than at the end. I am sure you will find the right clasp for your sweet bag. Lovely work.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Your bag is so cute.. my night didn't go to plan so I did my FNSI today instead lol

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Those blocks are beautiful and your bag is perfect. That sounds like a very interesting BOM :)

Maria said...

Your blocks look lovely Sharm and I love the Afghan in your previous post..

Susie H said...

Sometimes the fun is in the hunt, right? I'm sure you'll find that perfect purse clasp soon!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Sharm, your little quilt is very sweet and such a unique and charming theme. The purse turned out very cute! Love your beautiful afghan in your last post, too. The colors are so pretty and the edging is very lovely. The tablecloth is also turning out wonderful. You have been a busy gal! Thank you for your sweet visits and dear condolences for our pup, Peanut. xx Karen

The Sloan Patch said...

Such pretty blocks...that cottage garden felt is so soft to touch isn't it...I love it.

Janet said...

Very sweet! I love the hot pink.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching, Sharmayne.

Anthea said...

Very dainty little bag Sharm... lovely work there for FNSI,