Thursday, September 14, 2017

Whoot, Whoot!!

Yep! You guessed it lol ...... I arrived home from work a couple of days ago to find the parcel of yarn waiting in our mail box.  I was pretty excited after a whole week of waiting to be able to get back to the Flower Garden Blanket I'm making for our granddaughters 9th birthday in a couple of weeks time.  As you might imagine, as soon as dinner and clean up are done each night after work, I've been busy working on it ......... and today ..... after playing yarn chicken (and winning) with the rose pink yarn I managed to finish the last stitch!!  Hooray!!! 

Tonight I have to sew in all the ends that didn't get crocheted in during the process and then it can be wrapped up ready to post to Townsville.   I love the design made when these blocks are crocheted together - its like little butterflies ....


I debated about the type of border - First I wanted to do the row of Treble right around in white to balance it out, then did a treble row of Rose Pink.  After laying it out on the floor I decided I wanted something a little "flowery" to finish it off ...... kind of like nice little flowers on the edge of the garden ....... so this is what I ended up with and I think it does the blanket justice.  What do you think? 
 

So here it is -without those ends sewn in yet ...... its meant to be heavy rain here the next few days and I wanted to take advantage getting a few outdoor shots of it.  I wanted to thank those of you who joined in crocheting along with me and I've enjoyed seeing some of the lovelies you have been making. Also wanted to thank those of you who have left comments or emailed me during this project.  
 

12 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The afghan is beautiful, your granddaughter is going to love it.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

It's very pretty, lovely colours :)

Maria said...

A pretty bright Afghan...Such a beautiful gift for your GD...

Chookyblue...... said...

It's lovely sham abs got to love a photo shoot...... To start with I thought you were going to say you sold... Hope that happens soon for you so you can move......

Maria said...

It's gorgeous, Sharmayne! Your granddaughter will treasure it 💗

Christine M said...

Your blanket is beautiful, Sharm.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is beautiful - perfect for your granddaughter. It was fun crocheting along with you :)

Lin said...

It's looking lovely Sharm. xx

Beca said...

She will love it! Perfect to wrap herself in for the upcoming weather.
xx Beca

Susan said...

its so pretty - great work.

Anthea said...

oh goodness Sharmayne, your Grand Daughter is going to love this!
It's so pretty & you've done a wonderful job... so pleased that you got it done in plenty of time.

Janet said...

It is lovely! I bet you are super pleased with the finish!