Sunday, February 18, 2018

Wonderful Weekend

What a great weekend its been - a little short perhaps, but you get that .... I got distracted from doing much work on the knitted shawl Friday night as Pete suggested we head into town for a pizza and we sat out and a couple of drinks while we waited - a nice distraction to the ordinary ...... Saturday morning and we headed out with the boat (and Scruffy) ..... down to Lake Nillacootie which is between Benalla and the turn off to Mansfield. 
 We spent a few hours out on the water fishing and enjoying the time out! 
Naturally you need to see the fish I caught!
And yes, I did catch a fish - a bass which unfortunately was 2cm too short to be a keeper which saddened me a little ........  Scruffy seemed to enjoy himself, although he did spend quite a bit of time sleeping lol  It was just sooooo relaxing .  I won't bore you with a whole lot of photos from the day out ......
Pete sitting back while Scruffy and I were walking around the banks
Earlier in the week I did manage to finish crocheting that baby blanket I told you about last post.  It's a design I made up and will share here later in the year. I'm really happy with the design and although it took a few different goes before I found a binding I was happy with, I think it's come up well.

 This morning it was market day ...... this time the bus "Seriously Crazy" from Charters Towers was back again ...... I just couldn't resist ..........  I think these will end up making a nice table runner.  The Bee theme is based on what was my little sewing cabins name "The Beehive" which you might
remember (until it all had to be packed up ....... mostly into boxes now in Qld and a few remains kept out and moved back inside to one of the bedrooms.  I've always had a bit of a thing for bees, but not gotten into collections or bee keeping as such .........  I do enjoy watching various bits of nature, which is why I try to have lots of flowers and shrubbery together with watering "holes" to keep the good insects happy and have the little birds visiting.
Did I mention I finally found some material I was happy with to be the background for the signature hexie tablecloth??  Well I decided this fabric with little hexie shapes would work.  I've kind of attached the hexies to it ...... but I have a bit of quilting work to do on it ....... and might also add some other bits to it before it gets its binding
 

I managed to get some more walking and a bit of running done during the week with a walk in Yarrawonga finishing just in time to catch the Queens Baton coming through town on its way up to the Gold Coast for the Games later in the year!

 
I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and your week goes well.
Hugs, Sharm
 
On Lake Nillacootie in the back section



9 comments:

Jo said...

We have been to lake Nillacootie too. A lovely spot.
I see you received my hexie from Lancefield. So that makes two you have. The other being Mildura... I'm happy.

Anthea said...

the lake looks like a lovely spot to spend some hours... fishing or just whiling it away... lovely work on your projects x

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Great photos. I like the look of the shopping. Maybe next time on the bass :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful work on your project. Being on or near the water is so relaxing....shame about your fish! Lovely photos xx

Beca said...

It sounds like you had a very pleasant week. The crochet blanket turned out wonderful. I've seen those yarn cakes at the store and been tempted to bring one home. Now I see they make for a very nice blanket.
xx Beca

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm love your blanket you sure have been busy,i love fishing too its so relaxing,shame about your fish.Your signature hexie tablecloth is coming along nicely well done my friend ,hope you have a lovely week xx

Narelle said...

Sounds like both a lovely and productive week. How awesome you got to see the baton relay.

Lin said...

Sounds like a blissful weekend and I love the crochet. xx

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your blanket turned out lovely, Sharm - so bright and happy! And your hexie quilt is coming along nicely, too. I smiled to see Scruffy enjoying his day on the boat at the beautiful lake. Nice weather for a run, too. We have snow here and two wood-stoves going, but we are cozy. Enjoy your week! x Karen